Hello everybody. It’s been awhile since we have updated our news. We have been busy. Allow me to bring things up to date.
The fall tour was pretty exhaustive. We played 29 shows across Canada. Try naming 29 cities across Canada. Personal tour highlights included:
- Ramones and Fleetwood Mac covers at an open-mic night in Banff.
- Scary, last-minute, improvised sing-along set in Abbotsford.
- Being joined with a full choir and horns for the encore in Belleville.
- Penticton... what the hell?! I did win $100 at the slot machine.
- the rock and roll motel basement in Sioux Ste. Marie. Great water pressure.
After the Canadian tour, we decided to spend a few months at home to focus on our families and friends and make plans for the spring and summer.
Now we have made it into the new year and I have been assured that the year of the monkey will be a good one for Sloan. Our booking agents are hard at work putting together a schedule for our spring touring. We are really looking forward to touring the US, and playing more shows in Canada. The new dates will be announced as soon as they are confirmed.