Friday, November 5th 1999
No one has sent us photos from the show yet! Send us your photos so we can add them to the site.
No one has sent us videos from the show yet! Send us your video so we can add it to the site.
I think this show was at a club Called the BLACK CAT...I was there with my old friend Seth Gordon of the band The Mockers...just a blistering wall of power pop...outstanding...I missed your recent Wash. D.C. show...because I moved away to different town, and just found this site...that show was probably the tour for between the bridges I guess...it rocked though..sorry I missed your recent tour...power pop rules!!
Music is my drug,
New Market, Maryland
Much shorter set and smaller crowd than their show a few months prior at the Black Cat, but still great. Terrible opening band, the Deadly Snakes, from Toronto playing a hybrid of punk and rockabilly but Sloan delivered as usual.
- They played almost entirely new songs from BTB(nothing from Twice Removed!)
- it was Chris' birthday
- Pat never changed to a different insturment (unlike the others who swap throughout the show) and always played lead guitar although he didn't play at all due to technical problems on Sensory Deprivation
- Jay never sang back up vocals- he only sang at all when he sang lead
- Andrew sang backup throughout and played keyboards even on a song he didn't sing (A Long Time Coming)
- Chris even played keyboards on one song.
setlist (not in order except where indicated):
All By Ourselves (2)
Losing California (3)
Don't You Believe a Word
A Long Time Coming
Marquee & the Moon
So Beyond Me
[unknown song by Jay]
Iggy & Angus
Keep on Thinkin
On the Horizon
I am the Cancer
Money City Maniacs (last before encore)
Good in Everyone
© 2013 Sloan. All Rights Reserved.